Thursday, August 07, 2008

Accidental death/Suicide of a young engineer in Persistent

Last evening a 26 year old Persistent employee (Sandeep Shelke)fell/jumped to his death from the top floor of Persistent office. The news is already on net and everyone is jumping on to the "IT is a bad career choice, kills young people" bandwagon.

http://esakal.com/esakal/08072008/MaharashtraMumbaiPuneTajyabatmyaB08071992E.htm

For last three years, I am working in Persistent. I have worked in many software companies and I can tell that Persistent is a really nice place to work. It's still has an "young company" atmosphere and it is a very open, supportive and fun place to be. I am not saying that there is no work pressure. But bottom line is that the Persistent is the last place where someone would feel like taking such a drastic step because of work. I can't really believe the stuff that media is saying/is going to say.

Anyway, a young life has been lost. I feel really sad thinking about the lost possibilities and the loss felt by the engineer's family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I completely agree with you Rajendra, Persistent is really a nice place to work for.

I am also feeling sad with this shocking news but still i don't agree with the media/people that Sandeep died due to work pressure & that too in Persistent.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home